Boys Soccer’s Seniors Take Their Home Field One Last Time in a Loss to Skyview 0-1

The Class of 2022 takes a stand together as they play their last home game

Elijah Wagner, Reporter

Boys soccer falls on senior night to Skyview in another 0-1 loss on Tuesday October 19th.

With multiple pushes by senior striker Damian Ibarra and his teammate senior striker Jesus Barajas, the Bulldogs still remained scoreless at the end of the first half. But so did the Wolverines, thanks to junior rightback Carlos Ruybal and senior last defender Geovanny Reveles, forcing them to be scoreless in the first half. But the first half was not the same as the second for the Wolverines as they score with 15 minutes left to play. Despite multiple pushes and shot attempts by the Bulldogs they were unable to score resulting in a devastating 0-1 loss vs. Skyview.

Going into this game there were a lot of emotions for the Bulldogs, not just for the seniors, but for the whole team saying goodbye to the leaving class of 2022.

“Its still crazy that this is my last home game, it still feels like yesterday being with all these guys my freshman year.” said senior striker Damien Ibarra. “But its been a fun four years playing for Arvada even with all the ups and downs, these guys are my family.”

At halftime the senior Bulldogs lined up on the field with their families and shared smiles together for one last time.