Boys Wrestling Season Recap

Darrien O'Reilly, Reporter

This season for boys wrestling was a very successful one for the program. The season started off at Fairview High School on the third of December. The biggest performers at this tournament were Cam Moore who went 3-0 and Joseph Ortiz went 4-0 and placed first in their weight classes. After this there was another tournament at Wheat Ridge high school on December tenth. This was the best tournament for the program this year with three people getting first place in their weight classes. Cam, Joe, and Christian Lake all took first place and the team took first at this tournament out of the 14 teams there. The first home duals were against Skyview and Englewood. With Christian Ciotti and Joseph Ortiz the best performances that night. They both won both of the matches with Christian Ciotti getting pins in the first period against both schools. Joseph got his first win against Englewood and got a pin in the second but in his next match he had a dominant match winning 19-1 with ease. The next home event was a tournament. This was another successful tournament for the program with them taking second out of the other eleven teams there. Joseph, Christian, Jalen Gonzales, and John Ocelnik all got top three in their weight classes. Joseph was the only wrestler to get first place in their weight class with winning the final match 18-2 by tech fall in the second. The last home event was a duel against Platte Canyon and Evergreen. This was a tougher event with multiple injuries to the boys team. Joseph was on his way to dominating the event but hurts his knee in his second match. The best wrestlers at the event were Victor and John. Victor had a great throw into a pin that fired the whole gym up. John also had solid matches but unfortunately losing his first match. Overall this season was very successful for the program and lots of bright spots in the future.