Student Council Chooses Neos

Cole Stephenson, Reporter

Spirit week is coming up, along with the Student Council’s big upcoming event, the Winter Dance. StuCo claims this dance will be different than all previous dance with the theme of the dance being glow in the dark or Neos.

“There will be lights everywhere and most of the lights will be off,” Student Council Vice President, Vivien Tran said. “The dance will be a great place to hang out with all your friends.”

There will be the usual professional DJ, a photo booth, and Cold Stone Ice Cream for dessert. However, there is the new addition of face paint to help make the dance more fun for everyone.

“The last dance wasn’t as entertaining as it should have been,” freshman Kikai Edwards said.

Homecoming was not a big hit, so StuCo has picked a playlist that has songs on it that will be more popular with students, so the dance will be more enjoyable. According to Tran, StuCo had a lot of kids complain about the dance in October.

Tickets will be ten dollars ahead of time, but twenty at the door. They will be available for sale on January 30th, both online and during school hours. The dance itself is on Saturday, February 2 from 6:30-9:30p.

“Make sure you buy tickets right away for the best price,” StuCo advisor and science teacher, Mark Visel, said.